School Governing Body 2020 – 2021
School Governors are elected for 4 years. In our school we have Foundation governors elected by the Parish, Local Authority governors, parent governors, co-opted governors and staff representatives.
If you are interested in becoming a governor please contact the clerk to the governors, (through the school) who will advise you of any vacancies.
- Parent governors – selected by election (or appointment if insufficient people stand for election) and drawn from parents and carers of children at the school.
- Staff governors – selected by election from teaching and support staff paid to work at the school
- Foundation governors – appointed by the school’s founding body, church or other organisation named in the school’s instrument of government
- LA governors – appointed by the LA
- Co-opted governors – appointed by the governing body and are people who have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school
We currently have vacancies on our governing board for Co-opted and Foundation Governors. If you might be interested, please contact the school who can put you in touch with the chair of governors Rev Tim Greenslade, who will be pleased to discuss the role of the governors with you.
MINUTES OF GOVERNORS MEETINGS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE SCHOOL SHOULD YOU WISH TO READ THEM. PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OFFICE TO ARRANGE A CONVENIENT TIME.
CONTACTING A SCHOOL GOVERNOR
Should you wish to raise a concern, please contact the school initially – the class teacher or headteacher will be pleased to meet with you, to talk through any school related issue.
If after talking to a member of the school staff you feel you need to speak with a school governor please contact the chair of governors Rev Tim Greenslade by email: email@example.com or talk with a parent governor for further advice.