Greenford School – Safeguarding Statement
Greenford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children through –
- establishing and maintaining an environment where school staff and volunteers feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the safety and well-being of a child.
- ensuring children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- ensuring that children, who have additional/unmet needs, are supported This could include referral to Early Help services or specialist services if they are a child at risk.
- considering how children may be taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities and as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Ensuring that, when concerned about the welfare of a child, staff members should always act in the interests of the child and develop a culture where Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead / Prevent Lead is Mrs Vanessa Higgins (Headteacher)
In the event the DSL being absent, the following member of staff has been trained as deputy.
Designated Safeguarding Deputy: Miss Julie Attwell and Mr Nick Rice
The Nominated Safeguarding Governor: Dr Beth Galliver
At Greenford School our first priority is your child’s welfare and we will usually discuss any concerns we might have about your child with you. There might be occasions, however, when we have to provide information to or consult other agencies such as the Local Authority Social Care and Health Departments before we contact you. Our responsibility to do so is determined by Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole Inter-Agency Child Protection Procedures. If you want to know more about these procedures, please speak to the Headteacher, Mrs Lisa Crew, who is also the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Useful Websites for Parents / Carers
Private Fostering – https://pdscp.co.uk/working-with-children/private-fostering/
Dorset Safeguarding Children Board – https://www.dorsetlscb.co.uk/
Leading to NSPCC PANTS – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/
NSPCC Internet Safety – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/
CEOP (National Crime Agency) – https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
Parents / Carers can sign up to the newsletters / Facebook / Twitter on Dorset Police Safe Schools – https://www.dorset.police.uk/neighbourhood-policing/safe-schools-communities-team/