Greenford School Curriculum Statement
At Greenford we ensure that all children access a broad and balanced curriculum. We believe that all children have an entitlement to learning which encourages creativity, focuses on key skills and inspires in them a commitment to learning which will last a lifetime.
Our rigorous, well planned curriculum, delivered by excellent staff in an ethos of care, love and support enables our pupils to be well rounded, empathetic young people who have a thirst for learning which continues throughout their educational journey.
The curriculum at Greenford Primary School aims to:
- Inspire children to develop a love of learning.
- Embed skills to prepare children for further learning and productive adulthood.
- Take learning beyond the classroom.
- Develop children to become reflective learners who have a sense of responsibility for their own learning and development.
- Build confidence and motivation within our children.
- Ensure that children develop an understanding of the importance of perseverance, resilience and tolerance.
- Enable children to use their acquired skills and knowledge to observe, question, take risks and think for themselves.
- Learn to value and respect all others, their views, cultures and beliefs.
Greenford School – phonics information
Greenford school uses the “Letters and Sounds” phonics programme which starts in Reception and continues through KS1 and KS2.
In all year groups the children access differentiated support for phonics and our TAs are highly skilled to deliver intervention groups. Regular training and parent workshops are available so that parents are able to support their children at home.
If you are interested in volunteering to support reading across the school, please contact Mrs Jackaman.
Key Stage 1 and 2 Curriculum Areas:
- Design and Technology (DT)
- Physical Education (PE)
- Information, Communication Technology (ICT)
Personal, Social and Health Education and Citizenship (PSHE+C) is a non-statutory subject but at Greenford School we consider it to be an essential core subject which helps your child enjoy learning and achieve success.
For additional information regarding our school curriculum, please contact our Headteacher, Mrs Kim Jackaman, by phone or email – see CONTACT US.
See our Curriculum Overviews on the Class Pages